1. We recommend not feeding your dog breakfast if they are on a morning flight, as you don’t want them to pass any faeces while in their crates. However, they should have water at all times.
2. A Boeing 747 (Jumbo Jet) has a cruising speed of 575 mph at 35,000 ft. That’s over 13x faster than a greyhound’s maximum running speed.
3. Don’t put toys in your pet’s crate; they’re not allowed them on the plane as these are classed as a choking hazard.
4. There used to be a commercial flight on the Air France Concorde where your dog could walk right on board with you! Unfortunately, this plane no longer flies.
5. During a 3-hour flight you can lose up to 1.5 litres of water from your body, so remember to drink plenty of water on-board! This also goes back to the point that your dog should have access to water at all times.
6. A study was done in the USA in which cameras were put in the travel crates of 10 dogs on a flight to see what they would get up to - the dogs spent 75% of the time lying down!
7. The world’s busiest airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. Imagine the amount of the furry-friends entering there each day.